Teacher Training Educational Program
Language of study/instruction: Georgian
Duration of Study: One Academic Year
Number of Credits: 60 ECTS Credits
Program Leader: Zurab Beria;
Contact information: 577315594; firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of the educational program, the graduate will be issued/given a bilingual certificate in Georgian and English languages, with the relevant supplement, with the terms and conditions of Order #142 / n of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia, dated October 24, 2016.
- Teacher Training Certificate - Basic and Secondary School Teacher in Georgian Language and Literature
- Teacher Training Certificate in Basic and Secondary Education in History
- Teacher Training Certificate in English for Primary, Basic and Secondary Education teachers.
- Teacher Training Certificate in Mathematics for Basic and Secondary Education teachers.
- Teacher Training Certificate in Basic and Secondary School Teacher in Chemistry.
- Teacher Training Certificate in Basic and Secondary School Teacher in Physics.
- Teacher Training Certificate, Basic and Secondary School Teacher in Biology.
Educational program includes 60 ECTS credits covering both theoretical and practical components. The educational program credits are distributed between general vocational training courses and subject teaching methodology courses, which in turn combine theoretical course teaching with subject teaching methodology and vocational practice at a general education institution. The educational program aims to study the current issues of teacher psychology, the pedagogical psychological foundations of teaching and development and the legal basis of the general education system, the development of teaching and assessment approaches and the teaching skills of pedagogical practice. The 10 credits of the program are dedicated to the teaching of subject teaching methodologies, where program students transfer subject matter teaching and assessment modules to the subject teaching method, taking into account the specific subject teaching features. Upon completion of the educational program, the graduate may, if the additional requirements are met, work in a public and private general education institution and be included in the teacher professional development scheme as a senior teacher.
The educational program is not a higher academic degree program and therefore does not provide the opportunity for further study at the next level.
Precondition for access to educational program
The program will be open to anyone with a Bachelor's / Master's Degree or equivalent academic degree, whose subject competence is confirmed by an exam organized by the National Assessment and Examinations Center. After passing the exam organized by the National Assessment and Examinations Center, the entrant submits an internal university examination as an interview whose questions and assessment criteria are posted on the University website within a reasonable time before the exam.
Educational program goals and learning outcomes
The goal of the educational program is to prepare a teacher who understands the uniqueness of each student and therefore uses differentiated teaching strategies: Improves students' achievement by analyzing their own performance and student assessment, improving their pedagogical practice and collaborating with peers, problem solving and professional development. To this end, the purpose of the university is to attract talented and motivated individuals to the educational program, to introduce and teach them modern teaching methods and technologies, theoretical basics of student-centered and research-based teaching process and ways of practical implementation, to this end, the university's task is to attract and provide them with the competencies they need by creating a student-centered learning process.
Program learning outcomes
The program graduate is able to demonstrate knowledge of positive learning environment formation, student and result-oriented learning process planning, conduct and evaluation, and professional development and is capable of effectively applying this knowledge to practice.
Can create a positive learning environment
- Can create a positive learning environment that reflects the individual, special needs of students, their cultural diversity and facilitates the integration and motivation of each student in the class; Can create a safe free learning environment for the personal, socio-emotional and cognitive development of each student; Can integrate students with disabilities in the learning environment based on the recommendations of specialists.
- Is able to manage class, analyze conflicts and respond adequately; Able to communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues, communities for conflict prevention and resolution; Is able to establish positive relationships among students by using appropriate strategies, taking into account their individual differences;
- Able to communicate effectively and have business cooperation with students, colleagues and community. Can facilitate the involvement of parents (with other legal representatives) in providing students with meaningful teaching.
- Attitudes and values recognize the importance of inclusiveness in education and motivation of students to create a positive, safe / conflict-free learning environment; Recognizes the importance of collaborating with students, parents, colleagues, and the community to build a safe (physical, social and emotional) learning environment.
Able to plan and lead student-centered learning outcomes
- Able to develop long-term and short-term curricula with regard to national general education goals, national curriculum, school priorities and pupils' needs; Ability to plan lessons with all components, including links, to develop long-term and short-term curricula; Ability to plan the lesson with all components in mind and the links between them; Planning can take into account intra and inter-community connections; With the involvement of relevant specialists, can develop an individual curriculum for students with special educational needs;
- Is able to find, select, design and use assistive resources and ICT technologies based on curriculum goals and the needs of particular classroom students; Can develop digital citizenship skills in students;
- Able to apply knowledge of personality, development and education theories effectively in the teaching process; Be able to effectively select motivation strategies by observing students' individual progress and taking into account their interests;
- Can support students in developing basic academic and socio-emotional skills, taking into account their age and individual characteristics;
- Can use a variety of learning and teaching strategies purposefully.
- Can integrate the principles of sustainable development into study topics in the teaching process;
- Able to plan extracurricular activities (educational and social projects) according to students' interests and abilities;
- Recognizes that general education framework documents and knowledge accumulated in the science of education are the starting point for its pedagogical activities; It’s important that each student is a person. Believes that using a differentiated approach in the learning process will help to increase students' motivation, personal and cognitive development as well as their integration into the school community.