Education, Degree and Title:
- 1990 - PhD - Doctor of History
- 1985-1989 - doctoral student of the N.M. Shvernik Moscow High School of Professional Unions Movement
- 1990-1991 - Ilia Chavchavadze Tbilisi State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages. Foreign Language Courses for Foreigners Abroad - German Language (Honors)
- 1968-1973 - The A.S. Pushkin State Pedagogical Institute, History teacher
- 2018 - Present Professor of school of business, computing and social sciences in St. Andrew the First-Called Georgian University of the Patriarchate of Georgia
- 1990 – 2010 Tbilisi State University of Economic Relations: Head of the Chair of Tourism Business
- 1992-1999 State Department of Tourism and Resorts of Georgia: Head of the Department of Marketing, Advertising, Information, Public Relations
- 1974 - 1992 Tbilisi State Travel Bureau: Guiding, Head of Methodical Division
Participation in scientific symposiums and conferences:
- 2017 - Batumi. "The possibilities for implementation of the dual education system in Georgia at bachelor level". VI International Scientific-Practical Conference "Tourism: Economics and Business".
- 2017 - Batumi. Varna-Khersonis - Batumi, as three hubs of black sea lights and their involvement in cruise-themed travels. II International Conference on Cruise Tourism Development in the Black Sea Region. Batumi Maritime Academy
- 2015 - Bolzano, Italy. “Sustainable development of Tourism at Georgian mountian destinations: Challenges and outlooks”. Conference: „Changing Paradigms in Sustainable Mountian Tourism Research“
- 2014 - Batumi. Excursion services in cruise tourism. Problems and solutions. Batumi State Maritime Academy
- 2014 - Crakow, Tbilisi. „Quantitative Analysis of Domestic Tourism“. Management Science during Destabilization Lical Insight
- 2014 - Batumi. A new system of formation of sustainable development indicators for tourism destinations. Tourism: Economics and Business. V International Scientific-Practical Conference
- 2013 - Tbilisi. Rural tourism: German peculiarities and Georgian reality. Bioeconomics and sustainable development of agriculture. Second International Conference
- 2013 - Batumi. Recreational and health tourism: free market niche. Tourism: Economics and Business . IV International Scientific-Practical Conference
- 2012 - Киев. Охраняемые территории: предпосылки развития устойчивого экотуризма Грузии. «Туризм как средство сближения культур». Научно-практическая конференция
- 2012 - Batumi. Vacation in rural farms. Analysis of foreign experience Tourism: Economics and Business. III International Scientific-Practical Conference
- 2011 - Batumi. Development of electronic excursions in modern tourism. Scientific-Practical Conference: "Modern Problems of Economics and Business and Development Trends"
- 2010 - Tbilisi. Competitive advantage is achieved in tourism as the success of a pragmatic state policy on the example of Uruguay and Ukraine. TSUER
- 2010 - Batumi. Bologna process and innovative training in tourism management. Tourism: Economics and Business. II International Scientific-Practical Conference
- 2010 - Санкт-петербург. Биологическое разнообразие Грузии как основной ресурс развития экотуризма. Материалы конференции UNWTO «Туризм и биологическое разнообразие».
- 2010 - Batumi. Art of the Guide: Past and Present. “Batumi – Guides’ Forum” Georgian Association of Guides (GAG)
- 2010 - Gori. The synthesis of academic education, research and life-long learning as a new approach to the Bologna process in tourism management. Second International Conference: "New Directions in Education and Research"
- 2008 - Tbilisi. Tourist Cooperation to South Caucasian countries International Conference Teusu: "Economic Integration Prospects in the Central Caucasus"
- 2006 - Tbilisi. Cultural tourism development trends and perspectives in Georgia. Vakhtang Beridze International Symposium of Georgian Art
Participation in trainings and seminars
Projekt 543681-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-DE-TEMPUS-JPHES “Network of Competence Centers for the Development of Cruise Tourism in the Black Sea Region (Georgie and Ukraine)”
participated in intership and Workshops covering the following area: Service quality in the hospitality sector: Standards; improvement opportunities and collaborative approaches with the industry and relevant stakeholders. Wich took place:
- 2014 (02-09 February) at Odessa National Martime Academy (Ukraine);
- 2014 (08-17 October) at Batumi State Martime Academy, Kutaisi University; GTTU und CIU (Georgia);
- 2015 (18-25 April) at Varna Free University (Bulgaria);
- 2016 (02-08 April) at EURAC Bolzano (Italy);
- 2016 (11-17 June) “Ovidius” University of Constanta (Romania);
- 2016 (03-10 September) Batumi State Martime Academy (Georgia);
Basic teaching disciplines and directions of research:
- Excursions management
- Adventure Tourism
- Cultural tourism
- MICE Tourism
- Cultural heritage and tourism
Published works regarding main principals: Text book - 3; monograph - 1; Scientific works - 45.
- Niko Kvaratskhelia, Cultural Tourism: Theory and Practice. Publishing House "Universal", Tb. 2009. 324 p.
- Niko Kvaratskhelia, Elisabed Archvadze, Guide to Art, UNDP. Publisher "Saunje". 2012
- Natalia Brytskaya, Niko Kvaratskhelia, Nazi Alkhanashvili, modeling of tourist routes, publishing house "Universal", 2013
- Niko Kvaratskhelia, excursion case, electronic manual. From September 2015 is available on the website: www.vet.ge
- Guidance profession (practical guide). Publisher "Color". 2017 year. Department of Tourism and Resorts of Adjara
Participation in Scientific Grant Projects
- 2007 - Individual grant; E-Learning of Tourism Management, USAID; IATP
- 2006 - Individual grant; Perspectives of Cultural Tourism Development; KAAD
- 2003 - IMG; Agro tourism; TEMPUS
- 2009-2012 - Coordinator of the project; „E-Learning-Weiterbildungsnetzwerk im Tourismus (Belarus, Georgien und Ukraine) - WeNeT. TEMPUS
- 2013-2017 - Participant; Projekt 543681-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-DE-TEMPUS-JPHES „Network of competence centres for the development of cruise tourism in the Black Sea region" - CruiseT; TEMPUS