International Scientific Conference: Enlargement of the European Union – problems and perspectives
The goal of this conference is to determine those factors that hinder the integration of Eastern European countries into the European Union. Also, the aim of this event is to identify factors impeding the European Union enlargement and to hold a wide range of discussions about the EU challenges. The event will facilitate the exchange of ideas between scientists from different countries, the analysis of problems facing the EU and the development of recommendations on how to address the problems of the European integration.
Key and plenary speakers/lecturers participating in the event
Conference: Main and plenary speakers:
- Oliver Reisner, Professor at Ilia State University - the discourse of Europeanisation and enlargement in Georgia today.
- Valeri Modebadze, Professor at Saint Andrew the First-Called Georgian University of the Patriarchate of Georgia – Challenges facing the European Union and Europe’s enlargement problem.
- Paata Turava , Professor at Saint Andrew the First-Called University of the Patriarchate of Georgia - Europeanization of Georgian Administrative Law.
- Nodar Grdzelishvili, Invited Lecturer at Saint Andrew the First-Called University of the Patriarchate of Georgia, Professor at New Teaching University – Budget federalism in Georgia and member states of EU.
- Vakhtang Maisaia, Professor at Caucasus International University - Geopolitical aspects of the Common Defense and Security Policy of the European Union.
- Tornike Shurgulaia, Professor of Open University of Tbilisi – Specifics of conspirative actions of modern terrorism
- Levan Nikoleishvili, Lecturer at Caucasus International University – Challenges to military cooperation between NATO and EU.
- Niko Kvaratskhelia, Professor at Saint Andrew the First-Called University of the Patriarchate of Georgia - Development of urban tourism and management models in Europe and the Caucasus (Tbilisi-Prague-Baku-Yerevan-Comparative Analysis)
- Bedianashvili, Professor at European University – Georgia and EU Business Environment: Socio-Cultural Challenges.
- Levan Osidze, Professor at Georgian Technical University - The rise of Nationalism and problems arising from it in Europe.
- Factors hindering the EU enlargement
- Integration of Eastern European Countries in the EU - Problems and Prospects
- Rise of Populism in Europe
- Foreign and Defense policy of EU
- Refugee crisis in the European Union
- Terrorism and main challenges facing the EU
- European Union and Georgia
- Factors hindering Georgia's integration into the Euro-Atlantic structures
Conditions for participation in the conference:
Following people can participate in the conference: field specialists, scientists, young scientists, students of the relevant master and doctoral program. Conference participants should submit abstract in English language.
- Conference participants should download the registration form;
- They should fill in the personal data form, as well as the abstract form. The registration form includes abstract writing rules.
- Conference participants should send the filled out form to the following address: email@example.com
The abstracts sent by the authors will be examined by Conference scientific Committee if the scientific criteria and the writing rules are appropriate, the committee will send an acceptance letter to the selected candidates. Abstracts presented in the conference will be published in the book format. The conference participants will be awarded certificates.
Participation in the conference is free of charge.
Attendance is free.
Please note: only those abstracts will be published that will be presented to the conference.
- Submission of abstracts will start from July 16 and will end on September 6 at 16 o'clock.
- Authors will be notified regarding the acceptance of their abstracts on 16th of September.
Abstracts received after the end of the deadline will not considered.
Conference languages are:
Organizer of Conference:
Doctor of Social Sciences, Professor of the Saint Andrew the first-Called Georgian University of the Patriarchate of Georgia - Valeri Modebadze
Giorgi Shonia, Nino Asanidze, Manana Esitashvili, Tamar ortoidze
Saint Andrew the first-Called Georgian University of the Patriarchate of Georgia.
Adderess: I. Chavchavadze 53 a
T-599 27 69 99